Tuesday, October 16, 2007

TEXT MESSAGE BREAKUP....KELLY STRIKES AGAIN!

This is another viral "KELLY" video. I think it's now my favorite of the series. Several friends of mine have lately joked and/or complained about dating scenarios that have made dubious use of text messaging. Drunk texting in the middle of the night, and vague-ish texts that basically say "I ain't interested in see you no more." It's impossible to deny the talent of this Liam Kyle Sullivan. He's got a signature style, and covers a brilliant range of contemporary characters. I love how the humor in the video is countered with a certain hardcore edge. There are some cool cameo appearances in his videos too. I thought I saw Dave Navarro in "Let Me Borrow That Top," and if I'm not mistaken, that's one of the guys from the Wu Tang Clan in "Text Message Break-up." All in all, very a propos. A brilliant reflection on the lives we're living.

No comments: