Saturday, January 30, 2010

Levi Van Veluw























































Levi Van Veluw is a photographer who takes self-portraits to a new level. Rather than merely photographing his face, he uses it as an item to transform, incorperating a new element or texture that is visually interesting.

He works by himself, creating, modeling and photographing all his own pieces. On his work, Levi Van Veluw says, “I sit in front of a mirror with several objects and ideas. That day, the process takes shape, and slowly I create a new object I find interesting.”

Although his landscape series is my personal favorite, I recomend checking out his other stuff on his website, here.

1 comment:

Excaliborn7 said...

wow, van veluw's images are super cool and freaky/beautiful. i love the one where his head is covered in small rocks. it appears he only uses minimal digital manipulation in many of these works, too. fascinating artist