Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Brad Neely

Brad Neely is one of my favorite comic artists. He's done three series of online video comics along with a large collection of still frames, and also wrote and performed his alternate soundtrack for the film version of "Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone," entitled "Wizard People, Dear Reader." Watching "Wizard People" is one of the first times I ever actually literally almost pooped myself laughing, and I think the whole idea is genius. Basically someone can download or buy a copy of the soundtrack, procure the movie, and replace the sound of the movie with his sound (it is recorded as a "book on tape," in his words). My favorite series of comics he's done is "Professor Brothers," a comic about two professor's at a community college who are brothers, and act as the entirety of the history department. "Baby Cakes" features the diary entries of a "30 year-old playboy man-baby," and "China, Illinois" is his series which combined plotlines of its priors. I'm posting some of my personal favorites of his, as well as his Wikipedia page and an interview with him. Much of this is not entirely tailored to a conservative crowd, just so you know, but I was wondering what you guys think.

Wikipedia: Brad Neely


The T.A. Interview


Office Hours

I Am BabyCakes

Fliff Night 1

Fliff Night 2

Wizard People, Dear Reader on YouTube


Interview at ROFLCon

No comments: