Friday, December 11, 2009

What's in there?

I found this animation of an x-ray of someone talking really fascinating. I've been thinking a lot lately about the mechanical functions of the body that allow us to do insanely complex things, like communicate through language, but that really come down to a physical movement in our body. It also makes me think back to my Magic School Bus days (I know I'm not the only one who watched that wonder of a show) and the episode where they take a field trip inside Arnold (I think)'s body to see how it works. It's so strange that we don't know what the majority of our bodies actually look like, not to mention how it works. Like the tongue! We use it every single time we talk or eat or swallow and we know it's the strongest muscle in the body but I still had no idea how big it is! That sucker takes up a third of our skill.
Anyway, something to think about. Or rethink about if you haven't watched Magic School Bus in awhile.

No comments: