Thursday, January 17, 2008

AMAZING ART.

So I was browsing the Internet and I happened upon the Web site of an ex-Whitman student who happens to be very close to my heart and I COULDN'T BELIEVE how incredible his work has become. You can check out his self-designed Web site here:

http://www.mackenzie-schubert.com/

Go to the "Art" section listed in the bottom left corner and click around. He's really challenging the notion of What Art Is in a way that I think is really provocative and interesting. There's a major installation in there that simulates the extreme devastation of a natural disaster inside a crowded room, and a set of eight 6 x 6 drawings presented in such a way that only one part of an incomplete narrative can be seen at a time. He also made THESE paintings (I'm putting one below) which have tabs you can pull and the image changes as you interact with the piece. It's all very exciting to me, especially because he used to go to Whitman. I thought I'd pass it along.

No comments: