Monday, October 27, 2008

Unusual Hotels...










The pictures that Fielding posted reminded me of an article I read once on unusual hotels. I don't know if you've ever looked into it, but there are some WIERD places to stay out there. Most of them are extremely expensive but they still look really cool. I wonder what it is that attracts people to places like this? Is it just a fasinaction with the wierd and unusual? A desire for new experiences? Why were places like this buildt in the first in the first place? Are they anything more than tourist traps?

The first two are from a hotel that is underground in a cave; the next two come from ice hotels and the third one is from an underwater resort on the ocean floor.

4 comments:

wildnis said...

The ice hotel image above is a copyright protected images and used without permission.
If you do that you should at least give the photographer credit for and a link to his/her website.
The ice hotel picture above is copyrighted by Rolf Hicker Photography.
Here you can find more of Rolf's travel stock photography.

Excaliborn7 said...

Wow, amazing pics and ideas. Ask yourself how it would feel to you to stay in one of these places? What would the experience be worth? I for one would pay alot to stay in the one that was under the ocean. A LOT.

Jenn said...

i think i'd rather stay in the cave... i don't think i could sleep under water. i would feel like it was going to crash down on me. which is weird, because i love the water.

Anonymous said...

My RA from freshman year was from the U.A.E. and he had pictures of an underwater hotel. I decided I wanted to stay in one. Most everyone else said they'd be claustrophobic but I think there is something almost cozy about it. I'll pass on the Ice Hotel though, I use two comforters and a heated mattress pad and still shiver at night!