Friday, February 6, 2009

objectum sexuals

I watched this documentary last night and found it inexplicably fascinating.


Watch Married To The Eiffel Tower [Part 1] | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

I really like the way the issue is treated here. They really move away from making these women seem like freaks and more towards understanding their underlying emotions. That makes it way more interesting for me as a viewer because I find myself empathizing and relating to them instead of just dismissing the whole thing as another weird fetish you find on the internet. It's also way more disturbing this way. It really forces me to reconsider my relationship to the things I surround myself with.

1 comment:

Excaliborn7 said...

Wow, just watched that whole thing. From the way it starts you would really almost think that it is some sort of deadpan humor piece, but quickly you realize that it's not at all. Supercompelling. Did you know there is also a documentary out there which explores the lives of people who feel the need to amputate their limbs in order to have the correct form? Fascinating stuff. Everyone who wants to have a broad sense of human potential (i.e. anyone who wants to be creative) should watch this.