Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Milk

MILK [Short film] from www.bastienroger.com on Vimeo.

I found this video as I was searching around the site Vimeo.com. I was first brought here by a friend from home to watch one of the music video's, and ended up falling in love with some of the short films. Milk is very well done stop-animation film.

The reason I like this video is because of the emotional pull you feel. You can't really relate to the main character, the Orange Man/White Man. However, the way the stop-animation worked was making me think about every movement he would take, and therefore I was putting myself in those movements, and eventually into the middle of the movie. I was the one moving from the evil and impurities of the world we all live and in to a purer place (the color being metaphor for impurities, for the world we live in today). It's an easy concept, but I feel the power of the metaphor is heightened by the stop-animation.

No comments: